(Accounting, Administration & Management)
Every business organisation needs people who can set and meet objectives. Roles range from managers who devise policies and make decisions, to clerical workers, who collect, store, interpret and distribute information. In the business sector, you must make sure systems run smoothly and show a flair for organisation and communication. We offer a variety of courses to enhance your career prospects.
Why choose us?
High success rates
Our Business department boasts very high student success rates in many subjects – putting you in touch with the most up-to-date thinking on business issues and preparing you for the modern workplace.
Strong links with local businesses
We have forged strong links with local businesses, who provide real work experience, enhancing your employability and giving you the chance to put into practice what you have learned.
Enhance your prospects
Our part-time qualifications will open up more senior roles and enhance your knowledge of related professions.
Accounting and Management qualifications
We work with professional bodies, such as the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), to ensure we provide the best training. We recently won the national award for AAT Large Provider of the Year. You can be confident that the skills you will learn have real value in the industry.
» Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualifications
Studying for an AAT Accounting qualification at Bedford College gives you practical, internationally recognised finance and accountancy skills that can open doors for you in any industry across the world.
Did you know?
- Once you're AAT qualified you could earn 15% more than your unqualified colleagues, in the UK or abroad.
- Companies like the NHS, Morrisons and KPMG prefer recruiting AAT qualified staff because of their expertise and knowledge.
» Chartered Management Institute (CMI) qualifications
Making the most of what you’ve got is vital if you’re going to build a better business or get on in your career, especially in the present climate. Bedford College offers numerous CMI accredited and other management courses.
As well as CMI courses, we also offer specific management qualifications in:
- Management NVQ Level 3
- Human Resources Management
- Time Management
After achieving a CMI qualification:
- You will have better career prospects after gaining a professional qualification plus you’ll likely earn £81,000 more over the course of your career than unqualified managers
- People will think better of your business and productivity will rise.
- The Chartered Management Institute is the UK’s only chartered body specialising in management and leadership.