Introduction to Programming in C# (MTA 98-361 Software Development Fundamentals Optional)
If you are interested in a career in programming or software development this intensive, short ten-week MTA course will help you to prepare for Microsoft Technology Associate Exam 98-361, and will give you an understanding of the following topics:
- Core programming
- Object-oriented programming
- General software development
- Web applications
- Desktop applications and database.
This course is ideal if you want to pursue a career path in IT infrastructure, web development, database design or software development using Microsoft technologies.
This is an entry level course and no previous competence or knowledge of programming or software development is required. However, basic programming skills would be an advantage.
During the course you will study the following units:
Understanding core programming
- Understanding computer storage and data types
- Understanding computer decision structures
- Identifying the appropriate method for handling repetition
- Understanding error handling.
Understanding object-oriented programming
- Understanding the fundamentals of classes
- Understanding inheritance
- Understanding polymorphism
- Understanding encapsulation.
Understanding general software development
- Understanding application life cycle management
- Interpreting application specifications
- Understanding algorithms and data structures.
Understanding web applications
- Understanding web page development
- Understanding Microsoft ASP.NET web application development
- Understanding web hosting
- Understanding web services.
Understanding desktop applications
- Understanding Windows forms applications
- Understanding console-based applications
- Understanding Windows services.
- Understanding relational database management systems
- Understanding database query methods
- Understanding database connection methods.
You will be assessed through online, web-based multiple choice exams. Bedford College is an Authorised Certiport Testing Centre.
Further study and career options
The course will provide you with the range of skills and knowledge required for a career in software development. Microsoft certifications represent a rich and varied spectrum of knowledge, job roles and responsibilities. Today’s IT recruitment managers are more often using professional credentials, such as Microsoft certification, to identify properly skilled IT candidates.
In addition, becoming MTA certified will help you to build a solid foundation to prepare for intermediate technology studies and for Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certifications.
You will be required to pay an additional £40.00 fee if you wish to sit the external Microsoft exam.
Enrolment on this course will give you access to a wide range of free resources, including the Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC) Software Development Fundamentals (98-361) manual, exercise files, exam preparation guides, practice tests and web links. In addition, Bedford College is a member of the MSDN Academic Alliance and, as such, Microsoft software – such as Visual Studio – can be freely downloaded for use by students on this course.